Skip to content
- Store them properly: The first step to taking care of your records is to ensure they are stored properly. Keep them away from direct sunlight, moisture, and heat. Store them in a cool, dry place, preferably in an upright position.
- Clean them regularly: Cleaning your records is an essential part of taking care of them. Clean using a vacuum based cleaner with a solution that’s made to be used for vinyl.
- Handle them with care: Always handle your records with care. Never touch the grooves of the record, as oils from your fingers can damage the vinyl. Hold the record by its edges.
- Play them on a clean turntable: A dirty turntable can damage your records. Make sure your turntable is clean before playing your records. Use a soft brush or cleaning solution to remove any dirt or dust that may have accumulated on the turntable. Use the Humminguru S-Duo ultrasonic cartridge cleaner for a more thorough cleaning.
- Store them upright: Always store your records in an upright position. Stacking them horizontally can cause warping or damage to the vinyl. Use record storage crates or shelves to keep your records organized and in good condition.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.